New Profit is at an exciting time in its evolution. Building on our strong track record of results, we rely on the talent, flexibility, and commitment of our team to deliver on the ground-breaking work of our mission.
The Portfolio Analyst is truly a unique opportunity, offering exposure to New Profit’s core programmatic work. Specifically, the position supports all portfolio management activities and as such, is a key driver to New Profit’s success in our ability to continue delivering value to our portfolio, which includes some of the most innovative and entrepreneurial nonprofit organizations in the country.
The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for a wide range of projects and tasks, tackling critical and strategic challenges facing rapidly scaling organizations. S/he will have the opportunity to manage discrete projects and ongoing initiatives, gain valuable skills in complex project and relationship management, work collaboratively in teams, and complete work independently.
To achieve these objectives, the Portfolio Analyst will work closely with internal senior staff and key external stakeholders, including the portfolio management team at New Profit and senior staff from portfolio organizations. S/he will also have access to the broader New Profit network, including leaders and organizations working across all sectors.
Selected Position Responsibilities
Key responsibilities fall into four main categories:
- Participate in pipeline screening and due diligence process—includes conducting research and interviews, and providing logistical and analytical support to assess the attractiveness of candidate organizations as new portfolio investments, and synthesizing findings in written investment memoranda for New Profit’s Board of Directors.
- Assist with cross-portfolio learning and portfolio support—includes providing research and analytical support to Partners in their work with portfolio organizations to accelerate their growth and impact, and facilitating the portfolio organizations’ ability to access New Profit learnings.
- Contribute to quarterly reports for management and Board—requires participating in the quarterly data collection processes, managing of logistics of analyzing and evaluating that data, and communicating the information and findings to Board members and other external audiences through written summaries, reports, and presentations.
- Assist with ongoing evolution of Core Fund and New Profit strategy– includes assisting with the evolution of New Profit’s investment model, portfolio and service delivery model, and supporting team building and management.
Candidate Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competencies:
- 2+ years of analytical work experience, preferably in management consulting
- Strong analytical skills in order to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to the larger context
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple and changing priorities and projects while driving toward deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to high-quality work product and attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise
- Strong learning orientation – the ability to learn and grow from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve and grow
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, specifically EXCEL and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated commitment to New Profit’s mission, social entrepreneurship, and social change
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please see attached pdf for detailed information on how to apply.