New Profit is seeking a charismatic, visionary, and highly effective leader to join the organization's management team. The Managing Partner will lead and manage a bold, innovative, and effective investor/donor engagement program that powerfully connects the high-net-worth community to New Profit's mission and impact. Reporting to New Profit's Managing Directors Vanessa Kirsch and Tripp Jones, and working closely with an extraordinary Board of Directors and investor community, the Managing Partner will bring deep experience working with, cultivating, and stewarding high-net-worth investors/donors. This experience will inform the Managing Partner's vision for New Profit's engagement program, shape the architecture of the fundraising plan and its implementation, and enable him/her to drive the reinvention of the overall investor/donor experience, redefining what is possible and helping New Profit create transformative change.
Selected Position Responsibilities
- Lead the design and development of an innovative, effective investor/donor engagement program to attract, engage, steward and retain high-net-worth investors/donors
- Cultivate, pitch, engage, and close investors/donors at the 7- and 8-figure level
- Create, organize, and engage learning communities of investors/donors around high-impact philanthropy in domains of interest including education, public health, workforce development, and others
- Direct, manage, and develop a small, dedicated team to operationalize the vision and program
- Manage a portfolio of high-net-worth prospective investors/donors
- Position and pitch the importance of New Profitís work and impact to inspire and connect with the investor/donor audience
- Oversee and ensure a robust prospecting process to establish an ongoing investor/donor pipeline
- Utilize technology to drive investor/donor engagement and fundraising performance and results
- Infuse development into every dimension of New Profit, engaging all staff and the Board in fundraising and making development a broader part of the entire organizationís work
Candidate Qualifications and Competencies
The Managing Partner will bring demonstrated success in high-net-worth relationship solicitation and management. He/she will be a passionate advocate, embracing the mission of New Profit. This individual will have an intellectual curiosity and be flexible to transition with urgency as priority issues arise and demand support. He/she will provide leadership, direction, and feedback to staff on team and individual objectives, modelling a strong learning orientation and performance focus. He/she will be adept at working closely with New Profit's Board of Directors, portfolio organizations, associates, and other constituents, deploying outstanding communication skills and marketing insight to share the mission and achieve ambitious revenue goals.
New Profit is very open to "outside the box" candidates for this role who can bring best practices from the for-profit world, including Private Banking and/or Investor Relations (e.g., Private Equity, Hedge Funds) around capital raising, relationship management and investor communications, team building, positioning, and marketing communications. Likely profiles may include professionals from a business development, client relationship management, investor relations, or a product specialist capacity in which he/she has communicated a compelling story and value proposition by synthesizing complex ideas and information. This individual will see the significant opportunity to mobilize a group of high-net-worth donors/investors, leverage their philanthropy, and dramatically improve opportunities for children, families, and communities across the country. New Profit is also open to creative and impactful individuals from the not-for-profit world who have attracted and engaged high-net-worth donor groups around mission-driven organizations. These organizations could range from higher education and the arts to research institutes and "convening" organizations.
Please see attached pdf for detailed information on how to apply.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams